Student Visa

(F1 & J1 VISA)

Students come from all over the world to study in the United States and are welcome in many of our institutions. The intellectual, cultural and economical exchange offers mutual benefits for everyone involved. To encourage student exchange, visas are flexible and easy to obtain and three types of student visas are available.

F1 Student Visa for Academic Studies

An F1 student visa enables individuals to enter the United States as full-time students. However, certain requirements exist for obtaining the visa:​

  • The institution the student attends must be an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school or elementary school, language training program or other academic institution.

  • The institution must have U.S. government authorization to accept foreign students.

  • Completion of the student’s course of study must result in a degree, certificate or diploma

J1 Student Visa for Exchange Visitors

J1 visas promote the international sharing of knowledge and skills in education, arts and sciences. The J-1 visa is available for approved visitor exchange programs that have educational or cultural purposes such as teaching, instruction, study, observation, research, consulting, demonstration of special skills or receiving graduate medical education or training. Consequently, the types of visitors allowed to participate in J1 exchange programs are often students, professors, scholars, trainees, researchers, camp counselors, specialists or nannies.

Studying in America has never been this easy.

Our professionals work actively to help you achieve your academic goal.

Gogia & Raj Law, PLLC
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon



(516) 406-4000 


Call Now to Schedule Your Consultation at +1.516.406.4000

ATTORNEY ADVERTISING DISCLAIMER NOTICE. The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice on any specific fact or circumstance. Its content was prepared by Gogia & Raj Law, PPLC.  It was designed for general information purposes only. Your receipt of such information does not create an attorney-client relationship with Gogia & Raj Law, PLLC or any of its lawyers. You should not act or rely on any of the information contained herein without seeking professional legal advice. Prior results referred to in these materials do not guarantee or suggest a similar result in other matters.